Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) allows registered Australian organisations to check a person?s Australian immigration status.
The following Australian organisations can register for the service:
- employers and labour suppliers to check the work entitlements of prospective employees
- licensing authorities to check the work entitlements and residence status of persons applying for a license
- educational institutions to check the study entitlements of students
- commercial or government organisations to check residence status
- Government organisations to check immigration status.
If you represent one of the above organisations you may like to register to access the VEVO service. The department will decide whether the categories you have selected in your registration are right for your organisation.
Note: Organisations based outside Australia cannot register for VEVO.